Vectorboy
So Say (Sarah from class) has told me that I need to blog about Vectorboy. Well really it was my idea, but I’ll give her the credit because I’m generous. Vectorboy is the lovechild that has become of the sordid affair flash and myself have been having. And now I feel the need to come clean, bare my soul. We originally named him Pixelboy, until the father, Flashman, reminded me that he works with vectors not pixels or some sh*t like that. So Vectorboy was born. I may be totally wrong and confusing the word 'vector' with something else, but nonetheless, he is now Vectorboy.
And uh… that’s all I can say about it at this stage… he craps and spews all over the place like most babies do. And that ‘crap’ becomes my flash artwork… because it is just that…
********
On another note, I do understand that since I have such little experience with flash i good idea would be to concentrate maybe on the content of the work rather than how it is presented using said program. But as yet I can't even figure that part out...
********
I'm now sitting in class. I vow to remake my collections animation tonight... this is my statement. I do not, however, vow that it be any better...
********
It’s now Wednesday the 22nd. I went back to the Donnie Darko site last night because I am wanting to do a similar password thing for one of our flash works. This time the net worked really well for me and I got to see the site properly. It’s actually really fun and quite intriguing even though I haven’t seen the movie. But was it meant to end in level three? I thought it was going to go on for a lot longer than this L but I suppose it is a lot bigger than it seems – and would have taken quite a while to do in flash. To me this site is very, oh what is the word, ‘modern’ or something. It has a sort of ‘pop art’ edge to it and also a very minimalist tone with the great expanses of white, but it builds on itself as you’re watching it. The sound also adds another dimension, I so so wish that I had some sort of sound editing program. I also like the static way some of the pictures flash as if they are faltering, is this done in Flash, or is it done before it’s imported into Flash? I imagine it is done before it is imported. *sigh* That’s a shame.
I also stayed up all night trying to create said passwordy thing. I asked on a forum and their in depth replies just confused me even more, so i asked for more help on what they had said, and that confused me even more even more. So I ended up being tutored via correspondence of MSN where I asked a friend of mine to take the comments given to me by the forum and put it into lamens terms for me, step by step. Unfortunately said person is also an ex boyfriend of mine, so all through the conversation comments like "see, you need me" were spat at me, and after it was all over he got angry at me for using him for flash help. Next time I think i'll just keep to myself...
It took about two hours or more to create this little box where, if a word is entered, it goes to a red dot. Wow huh? But yeah, it was so difficult for me I think I’m all Flashed out now…


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home